Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Polka Dot Graduation











I love this cake! I designed the cake for a dear friend's daughter. The graduate requested polka dots and a design that incorporated her past at Wake Forest-Rolesville HS with her future at Virginia Tech. I started with red and blue at the bottom of the first tier to represent WFRHS and used the color wheel (thanks to an idea from a friend!) to progress to maroon and burnt orange at the top. The top tier of maroon and burnt orange dots represents Virgina Tech. I left open spaces to represent the new experiences she will have in the future. The middle tier ties in her past and her future by incorporating the colors from the bottom and top tiers into a sea of polka dots! I am very proud of this cake, but I am more proud of the graduate. I have known her since she was 4 and am blessed to be part of her life!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers