Monday, June 28, 2010

Our First Wedding Cake
















Here it is! My husband and I are VERY proud of this beautiful cake. From the tasting to the designing to the baking to the decorating, this cake was a joy to create. The bride and I designed each tier to have a different look. To tie the cake together, we used pink fondant pearls and silk ribbon. The bride loved the cake! The colors matched the bridesmaid dresses perfectly (they wore green strapless dresses with a pink sash) and looked fabulous next to the pink calla lillies. I did not stress out about the cake until we had to leave it after delivery. I told the director that it was like leaving my baby! When we picked up the cake plate the next day, the bride's mother told us that the cake looked and tasted wonderful! The top tier and the 3rd tier were chocolate with buttercream and ganache filling (YUM!) while the 2nd and the bottom tiers were vanilla with buttercream filling. To hold up under the summer heat, the entire cake was covered and decorated with fondant.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, so this is how designer cakes are made. I am very impressed with the cakes now days. I have to get a good one for my best friend this year. She is planning to book one of the New York venues for her birthday celebration and I am responsible for the decoration and food.

    ReplyDelete

Followers